WORKING WITH US
“This beautiful place has given me so much. I’ve learned so much, not only about teaching, mentoring, and leading, but about life. This place taught me to live mindfully, to really look at the world. My whole experience in this world has changed. My confidence has just blossomed too. I know the list goes on, but this has been the most valuable thing for me because it is something I have always struggled with. I’ve learned to love myself in an entirely new way. I hope that some day in the future I can give back in some way to this beautiful place. So I want to thank you for organizing such a loving, structured and playful environment.”
– Former Golestan Teacher
Golestan isn’t just a job, it’s a way of life! All staff enjoy the benefits of working in a kind, loving, and respectful environment, in addition to access to wholesale farm-fresh grass fed/pastured meat from Marin Sun Farms.
Full time employees receive other benefits such as >9 weeks of combined holiday and personal time off, as well as full healthcare benefits. If you’re interested in joining this wonderful community, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
For positions working with children, candidates must:
- Be fluent in Persian (Farsi).
- Have an innate or acquired gift with children; compassionate, warm, playful, nurturing…
- Possess a dedication to teaching young children proper Persian (Farsi) and Iranian culture.
- Be kind, collaborative, warm, and conscientious – both with children and adults.
*These positions can be developed into an internship or practical training for academic credit.
Golestan is always looking for qualified substitute teachers for our head teachers and teacher’s aides.
We currently have the following open positions:
1. INTERIM DIRECTOR OF CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DEVELOPMENT
We are excited to search for our newest partner in the expansion of the Golestan Center for Language Immersion and Cultural Education (Golestan Education).
The Interim Development Director is a key consultant and is the lead fundraiser responsible for expanding, diversifying and growing Golestan’s donor base. The position requires the ability to develop and implement an ambitious and creative strategic development plan for a major capital campaign within six months.
For more information about this position, please click here.
2. PART TIME TEACHER
We are currently looking for a part time teacher for preschool aged children. Hours are 2:00 to 6:00 pm, two days a week. This is currently a part time position.
- prepare classroom for each lesson and clean up afterwards;
- teach class either alone (less than four children) or with a co-teacher (up to eight children);
- utilize hands-on and experiential methods of teaching and class management
- collaborate with fellow teachers, administrators, and support staff in a family-like setting;
- communicate with parents on child’s strengths and areas that need attention;
- participate in weekly meetings and monthly staff meetings
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with groups of children; preferably in the United States
- highly organized, driven, and collaborative;
- warm, kind, and empathetic;
- able to connect with children in a playful and loving manner; (especially preschool aged children)
- able to exhibit authority in the classroom while maintaining above qualities;
- open to feedback and highly communicative;
- fluent in Persian and English;
- Experience teaching school or afterschool programs in the US
- Educational background in Education
3. PART TIME OFFICE MANAGER
Golestan is looking for a long term Office Manage. This person has a very critical and sensitive role. They are the liaison between the teachers, parents, Executive Director and the community. This is a part time job to start, with the possibility for full time in the future. Workdays are Monday thru Friday.
Golestan Education is a growing organization and there are plans to start a primary school in the near future and there may be good opportunities for growth and career development for qualified candidates.
- Coordinate overall operations including but not limited to:
- Staff schedules
- Students’ schedules
- Communication and coordination with staff, suppliers, schools
- Communication and coordination with families
- Administrative tasks related to hiring, select payroll activities, termination, maintaining employee attendance reports.
- Manage calls, emails and visitors – must respond to emails and requests in a timely manner;
- Promote a professional standard of communicating and operating for the organization, both internally and externally;
- Maintain files and databases -Implement and manage record keeping systems (online and offline)
- Responsible for the facility’s day-to-day operations (such as distributing access keys, maintenance of equipment and coordinating with repairmen, electrician, etc.)
- Keeps management informed by generating special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Running various errands as needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (in English);
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency;
- Highly organized and flexible;
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines;
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision;
- Excellent time management and organization skills;
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality;
- Proficiency in email, scheduling, and spreadsheets;
- Cheerful, kind, conscientious, and balanced;
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Language: must be highly proficient in English (both oral and written)
- 2 years or more related experience
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Google Drive required;
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Suite preferred.
- Handy with fix-it jobs
Please send resumes and cover letters for all positions to email@example.com.
“I love this place and am so happy to be here. It is my second home. Like my second family. Everyone is so nice – the staff, the parents. I never thought I could ever work in a place with this type of environment. I miss it on my days off – I just love it here.”
– Non-Iranian Golestan staff