Golestan’s summer camp teaches positive values in full language immersion with fun activities that will feed their minds, bodies and souls. At Golestan, where the only language spoken is Persian/Farsi, our goal is to teach each child the following qualities: Integrity, curiosity, altruism, dignity, generosity, compassion, confidence, kindness, and community.
Camp begins in mid-June and runs weekly through the last week of August, except the first week in August when Golestan is closed for Summer Break. Each week follows a specific theme, beginning with the broadest view, the Universe, and ending with the microscopic world. At least one day per week is spent entirely outdoors at Tilden Park.
- Week 1 (June 16): The Universe
- Week 2 (June 23): The Natural World – the history of Earth
- Week 3 (June 30): Ecology
- Week 4 (July 7): Humanity
- Week 5 (July 14): Community
- Week 6 (July 21): Culture – the meaning and celebration of cultures
- Week 7 (July 28): The Animal World
- Week 8 (Aug 11): The Insect World
- Week 9 (Aug 18): The Microscopic World
Each of these units include:
- Curiosity – nature exploration (entire days in the forest, weekly)
- Confidence – physical activity (soccer, dance, hiking, yoga, to name a few)
- Generosity – crafts (knitting, toy making)
- Kindness – music (traditional folkloric Iranian songs)
- Community - art (individual and collaborative projects)
- Compassion – movement (dance, yoga)
- Dignity – performing arts (theater and puppetry)
- Integrity – games (backgammon, sack racing)
- Altruism - community service (feeding homeless, weekly neighborhood cleanup)
Camp operates M-F, 9am – 3pm, with the option for early drop off and late pickup (8am – 5pm). Recommended enrollment is for the full term. Enrollment is full term (June-August), monthly, and weekly in order of priority.
- 9am – 3pm – $380/week (includes lunch and 2 snacks)
- 9am – 5pm – $495/week (includes lunch and 3 snacks)
Payment is due in full at time of registration. Refund policy: 50% refund if cancelled 30 days or more before first day of enrollment; no refund with < 30 days notice.