Golestan operates on a quarterly schedule with a rolling admission policy. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are enrolled as spots become available (usually in September).
Each student is selected by age and gender in the order his/her application was received. Priority is given to children with siblings at Golestan, children of past and present employees, and children of Board members. Applicants are usually notified of admission for September in the preceding spring.
We are accepting applications for preschool programs for Fall 2018 and beyond. Group tours are scheduled in the autumn and early winter months (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information). Applicants are encouraged to submit their forms at their earliest convenience as many families apply when they are pregnant.
Also accepting applications for the after-school program (Kindergarten-Middle School).
Each age group may participate in the programs below – all lesson plans follow a monthly themed schedule that applies to the entire school, but are adapted by each class to be developmentally appropriate – all children are encouraged to understand the world around them through exploration and experimentation.
- Art (developing emotional, cognitive, and motor development through art)
- Language (basic alphabet up to reading and writing)
- Movement (dance and yoga)
- Rhythm (learning classical Iranian rhythm and traditional songs)
- Nature (gardening, environmental sciences, and ecology)
- Performing Arts (theater, song/dance performance, puppet shows)
- Practical Life (cooking, courtesy, general social sciences)
- Science (basic physics, chemistry, and biology)
After schoolers may enroll in as little as two programs per week. All preschool aged children must be enrolled in at least 4 daily programs per week. Children that are not exposed to Persian/Farsi on a daily basis at home must enroll in multiple programs for a total of 5 days of attendance per week.
To view our 2016-2017 handbook, please click here: Parent Handbook 2016-2017.