Golestan Center for Language Immersion and Cultural Education
The mission of Golestan Center for Language Immersion and Cultural Education (Golestan Education) is to support the development of curious, creative, and altruistic children through experiential and heuristic learning, with a special focus on heritage language immersion and cultural education. Golestan Education aims to do this through the following offerings:
1. Daily Persian/Farsi full language immersion program (in Berkeley California):
- Preschool: Ages 2 to 4.9 years – click here for more info.
- After school: Ages K to 6th grade – click here for more info.
- Summer camp: Ages K to 6th grade – click here for more info.
Now accepting preschool applications for Fall 2016 and onward. For more information, please email info@golestanKids.com.
2. The Golestan Collaborative (Colab)
The Golestan Collaborative (Colab) provides support and expertise to all communities interested in the Golestan methodologies and pedagogy. It produces teaching materials, shares literature and research on the subjects of child development and bilingualism, and offers consulting to individuals and schools building progressive schools of all languages. For more information about our Colab services and projects please visit our Colab page.
3. Primary School – Coming soon!!
For more information click here.
“I am a firm supporter of the Golestan school even though my own kids don’t go there. The only reason they don’t is because we don’t have a school like [this] in Los Angeles where I live. When I visited the school I was so impressed with the progressive way in which they taught and the level of the kids’ fluency in Persian. I honestly considered moving my family to Berkeley just so my kids could go to this school.”
– Maz Jobrani, Actor & Comedian